Delger olziit jas

Read in Mongolian

Name(s) of Temple :
Delger olziit jas,

Rinchen Number :
403

Rinchen Name :
Tsagaan toirmyn khiid

Type of Temple :
Other

Aimag Temple located in :
Töv

Sum Temple located in :
Bayntsagaan soum

Old Aimag Name :
Tusheet Khan

Old Sum Name :
Ikh shavi

Precis History(In Mongolian only):


Төв аймаг Баян цагаан сум. Дэлгэр Өлзийтийн хурал /Хөтөл нуурын/ Сумын төвөөс баруун урагш 15 км зайд Дэлгэр Өлзийт овооны өвөрт Хатан худгийн баруун талд энэ хурал төвхнөж байжээ.Гонхон хэмээх 1 байшинтай, уг байшинд нь бурхан тахилийг нь сэргээж арц хүж өргөдөг нэгэн тахилч лам байнга суудаг байжээ.Энд зөвхөн зуны үед л голдуу 10 орчим лам цуглаж хурал хурдаг цагийн хурал байсан байна.Үүсгэн байгуулагч байгуулагдсан он нь тодорхойгүй уг хурал 1920-иод оны үеэр үйл ажиллагаа нь зогсож хаагджээ.

Description of location :
There is a well called The Queen Well south of the temple site base which is located south of Delger Ulziit owoo. The owoo is 40 km southwest of the sum centre.

GPS readings :
North 46° 40’  East 106°  47’

Estimated site dimensions (metres) :
Side1: У100 Side2: Ө 50 Side3: Side4: Side5: Side6:

Revived temple on site :
No

Status of site at time of survey :
The site is situated at about 40 kilometres from the Sum centre on the west, south-west. It is on the south-east of two ovoos, one being possibly Delger Ölziit Ovoo. The well the monks used is on the west (called Khadan Khudag). In the area there are now many yurts. It was considerably big Jas, as the ruins from its buildings show. The temple itself (?) was possibly situated on the east (12 x 9 steps foundation) as it is the biggest foundation. It is indicated by a stone foundation rising from the ground. On its south there is a big almost circular shaped raised form, but its function is not clear. Other buildings, possible monks residences, were situated on the west of the temple (?) and on the north (there is a road now in between) there are also some stone foundations. Pieces of wood, pieces of brass pots, an offering cup and even pieces of wood painted with gold ornaments were found on the site. In the area of the biggest foundation, the temple itself, holes show people have dug here.

Site used for other purpose :
There are homesteads surrounding the site.

Date of founding the monastery/temple :
Unknown

Date of closing and destroying the monastery :
Огноо хаагдсан: Unknown - Ярилцлагын дугаар:

Site used for other purpose :
There are homesteads surrounding the site.

Old monastery/temple revived:
No

Үүсгэн байгуулагч хүний нэр болон цол хэргэм (мэдэгдэж байвал):

Date of Reviving:

Monks in Old Temple :
1monk
1monk

Notes :
Informant Puntsogiin Badamochir, is living in the centre of Bayantsagaan. Was born in 1921, had been a monk in Bambar Erdene Lamiin Khüree (in present Sergelen Sum). According to this informant there was only one temple building in this Jas. Only one takhilch (offering preparer) monk resided in it. Monks from other monasteries in the area visited in summer for holding ceremonies. They used to worship the ovoo called Delger Ölziit Ovoo on the north-west. The well of the monks was situated on the south-east of the site. The monastery was situated on the west of the sum centre. It was in the area subordinated to the Bogd Khan and his ecclesiastical estate (Ikh Shavi, Bogdiin Shavi)

Form Number :
ТӨБЦ 008

Survey Team :
Team C

Дарам-Очир


Oral History :

Газрын зураг / Map

Site Plan

Site plan drawn by surveyors